Monday, May 16, 2011

Good Skin


I have had many elaborate skin regimens over the years, beginning with the Almay 3-step system my mother bought me when I was 11.  It seems like the worse my skin got, the more complicated my morning and night ablutions became in the quest for a clear, glowing face - toners, serums, daycreams and nightcreams.  I had a very greasy period in my early teens when I would punish my skin with alcohol or witch hazel - and later such dry skin that no amount of oil rubbed in seemed to take away the taut feeling.  Since then, it seems like my pregnancies (and the right diet - no gluten, lots of water) have changed my skin chemistry for the better.  Now my skin barely ever breaks out, and never really gets too dry or oily.  I feel like I've found a happy medium.  And with my good skin, my regimen has become likewise pretty minimal.  A swipe of toner in the morning (Lacura toner- not my favorite, but it will do for now) followed by some raw shea butter rubbed in.  At night I use Victorian egg-white soap, which I sometimes leave on my face for a couple of minutes as the directions say to do, sometimes I just wash it off.  A swipe of toner and then some more shea butter.  The shea butter is funny stuff - it feels a little grainy and has to be melted between fingers - but it works nicely and I also like to rub the excess on the ends of my hair.  My current obsession- find some fancy toner ( I happen to like toner -I prefer it to always washing with water).  I'd really like to try Chidorya's Peach Moon Water, a Japanese Geisha brand, or perhaps a toner from Kiehl's. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay Stephanie! Good job, I will try to find a nice gift for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was from me, Ray!

    ReplyDelete