Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Likes

Summer seems to have hit Toledo like a ton of bricks- suddenly the humidity is heavy and the sun is bright.  Of course, I guess it could go back to chilly again - that's always how it is in New England - but the Midwest weather seems to be a little more consistent.  Anyway,with the heat, I'm really getting into the summer state of mind. 

Eating

Lots of chopped salads.  What I mean when I say this is not your typical leafy salads, because I get pretty bored with those, but rather once summer comes - I start taking cues from  my dad.  He always makes a chopped tomato salad with cilantro and mint, juice from a whole lemon, and some salt.  It is the most refreshing and satisfying food, tastes superb on grilled steak.  I've also seen him add apple and substitute the lemon for lime juice like the Dominicans do.  Sometimes he likes to add shrimp.  My dad should open his own beach salad bar -- maybe I could help him.  Hey, that's not a bad idea...

Reading

I do not really have many options at the moment, seeing as we are in transition, but this week I'm going to devote myself to Fr. Luigi Guissani's "The Religous Sense" - a book on the intuitive needs within every person. 

Wearing

White linen sundress I just got from Anthropologie, grey or pink bermudas, button up shirts, Clarks high heeled sandals. And I love my skinny leather belt from American Apparel.  I'm beginning to really learn the value of a good accessory - I always liked them before but never wanted to spend my money on them, but they make all your current clothes all the more wearable and versatile.  Fleur Cherie eau from L'Occitane.

Listening

Francoise Hardy or The Peasal Sisters or La Roux - but if I'm in the car, the latter makes me drive really fast!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice picture! I want another post to keep me entertained at work so keep writing pleease -RC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad does sound good!

    - Tiff D.

    ReplyDelete