Friday, May 20, 2011

Toledo in the springtime

If I had to liken Toledo to a person, I think it would be a very pretty women who has done way too much drugs and has gotten away with it up until now, when the wear and tear is suddenly starting to show.  Sounds like Kate Moss!  Except this person would have to be of Dutch-German origin and would really like eating chicken and dumplings.  All winter I was ready to slap this said person and give her a good shake.  I could never step outside without my skin being flayed off by the wind.  That was probably my primary annoyance, besides the fact that Toledo is actually quite attractive in the downtown area, and even in parts of the west end where you can view the super-gorgeous mansions lining the streets, for sale at drool-worthy prices, but you can't really enjoy it without the possibility of being mugged or kidnapped.  Now that spring is here I'm starting to feel a little more kinship to this poor lady, the sunshine is really helping her out.  I noticed that there are flowering trees everywhere!  And even the addition of a little greenery is giving the city a more optimistic air.  Perhaps I'm thinking this because its my last time to appreciate it before I go back home to the east and the ocean!!!!! yay!!!!!  But seriously now, I realized I've lived here longer than I have in Louisiana and New Mexico, and I haven't even sampled the famous Tony Packo's hotdogs.  That is like so crazy, right?  Well tonight that is all going to change...

1 comment:

  1. Oh that was nice! You should consider doing one on Albuquerque, Gallup, or Ville Platte, because those were very nice too! Do you want to go around town this weekend and do some photography, maybe around the river? -RC

    ReplyDelete