Sunday, June 26, 2011

Random Beauty Tricks

This summer I've been favoring some pretty random beauty habits, but I think they work and I thought I'd share them with you. 
1.  Drink my cocktail especial - tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, dash of cayenne pepper and teaspoon of maple syrup to sweeten.  This drink is a cure all and I basically drink it whenever I feel like I've over-eaten, (which is pretty much daily now - I mean, how can you eat just one of my grandmother's biscuits?  They are so small!)  It helps digestion and revs up the metabolism.

2. Dry Brushing - I'm too lazy to do this everyday, but I like to do it before I take a shower.  I just use a dry bath brush.  Exfoliates and tones the skin - I did this religiously when I was pregnant both times too, because I think it helps to prevent marks.  Also, it feels really good, like someone is scratching your back!



3.  Paint my nails in pastel colors because they make me look tan (in my opinion, I'm not sure if anyone else really notices) - my col-ahs:  American Apparel Nail polish in Coney Island (opaque light pink) and NYC color in Kisses (sheer lavender)

4.  I'm still shedding...grrr.  Its very aggravating - but I have to say I like my hair better post pregnancy, because I just have way too much hair as it is, so my hair getting thicker during those nine months was just not a good thing.  Right now, I'm using Lavender Baby Shampoo (Johnson's) and Morroccan Argan oil.  I don't use conditioner.  My hair is shiny and looking great, even despite my dumb looking bangs that I cut myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment