Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunshine is good for you

I did believe the whole sunscreen hype for a good five years or so, and maybe I still do, I don't know.  I never go out and intentionally bake - but I'm done with slathering it on everytime I want to go outside.  I know this is like blasphemy in the beauty world right now - but come on...don't you feel so good after you come back from a day at the beach, or even just a day spent outside?  I always notice that my eyebrows seem to grow.  They always look jet black and thick after... as weird as that sounds.  I saw this woman on T.V. once who believed that people were like plants and all you had to do to was drink in the sunshine for most of your nourishment...I know thats crazy, but at the same time, I don't think the sun is as evil as everybody says.  And hey, I'm not out everyday trying to look like a greasy steak!  But I have olive skin, I eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of green tea - I'm not saying that I'll never wear sunscreen again, I'm just not worrying about it so much anymore. 
Some of my favorite summertime products:
I love this because it is so elegant, and can be used all over - face, hair, and body.  also it smells wonderful.  Last summer I was pregnant and I used it every day.

I like this sunscreen because it is milky and light in texture and smells nice.  Also, it is supposed to help you get a tan and I like that.  ;)

This is the mother of all toners - it is probably something you could use instead of a moisturizer because it is very hydrating. 
And that's it.  What else would you need anyway?

Top photo of Marisa Berenson from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment