Saturday, July 2, 2011

Glitz and Glam

My dad on a normal day may not appear like much of a fashion guy, but let me tell you - he is.  The most glitzy jewelry and watches has always inevitably come from him.  I'm always a little surprised by his gifts because if I were to buy something, it would probably be a lot more understated.  I tend to favor more subtle jewelry and clothing - my dad likes the typical Latino flair.  I guess I'll have to take a picture of him when he is all dressed up!  Anyway, whenever I'm given these gifts, I'm usually thinking at first "wow, what am I going to wear with this?"  But you know what?  If you are open minded, and are willing to experiment, you might find that your style will transform in positive ways that you didn't expect.  I was never much of a watch person - I normally don't wear a ton of jewelry either - I think I've always been a little scared of accessories.  But my dad and my grandmother are always getting me them.  Now I really like wearing watches as part of an outfit, or using a bold bracelet or necklace to liven up dull clothing.  All I'm saying is that personal style doesn't always have to come directly from yourself.  



The latest crystal encrusted offering from my growing jewelry collection.
Jackie O. wearing a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment