Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Style Channeling


When I lived in Arizona, my East Coast style came with me, and I have to say that I looked like a fish out of water.  What I should have done, I think, was maybe find some western style icon to channel, at least in small ways so as not to look like such an outsider.  (I was stared at on a daily basis with my high heels on the reservation - yah, I think boots would have been better)  But at the time I was homesick, and I refused to change my style, so off I went with my heels and my head high. 


If you are vacationing in New England this summer, on Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, or the Berkshires, for example, I think the best style icons to channel are Jackie O naturally, for older women.  and maybe for younger women, Ali Mcgraw as Jennifer Cavillari in Love Story.  Look for clothes made from fine cottons and linens and simple shapes without alot of flashy beading or extra stuff.  New England style is all about good quality and flattering cuts. 
Striped Boatneck tee from Vineyard Vines

                                                            New Cafe Capri from J.Crew

http://www.vineyardvines.com/ and http://www.jcrew.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment